Wendy has been a professional longarm quilter since 2013, at The Quilted Cricket, Colorado Fabrics, and now Purple Tutu Quilting. Prior to that she was a garment sewist and quilting aficionado, and sent many pieced tops to be quilted, before wanting to master the creative aspects of long-arming.
Having long-armed over a thousand quilts, Wendy’s skilled at helping to choose patterns, threads and techniques to properly finish any quilting style.
Corrected cell phone: 704-641-8646
Active in local quilting communities
- Smokey Hill Quilt Club (https://sites.google.com/site/shqcquilters/)
- ACQ – Arapahoe County Quilters (https://www.acqcolorado.org/)
Quilts of Valor
- This is an amazing nation-wide program for creating quality quilts and gifting them in ceremony to US veterans, from a grateful nation for their service. The ceremonies are very powerful and often tear-filled, as veterans tell their stories and their heartfelt gratitude for this recognition.
- Smokey Hill Quilt Club provides guidelines for getting involved as a creator.
- Additionally, if you’d like to donate fabric from your stash to the Quilts of Valor project, I can accept them and get them to the right person.